Basic DSL troubleshooting steps
Please ensure you have performed the following steps before calling the Impulse support center.
- Power cycle your modem by unplugging the power cord (usually the round black connector) from the back of the modem for two minutes.
- If you have a router, unplug the power to it for about 30 seconds and plug it back in.
- Give these devices a minute to power back on and check to see if you can now get on line.
- If the DSL or SYNC light on your modem is flashing, make sure the cord plugged into the telephone jack is secure at the jack and at the back of the modem.
- Unplug all devices in the house from the telephone line except for the modem. Once all other telephone devices have been unplugged repeat step 1.
- If these steps have not fixed your problem please call the Impulse support center at 805.456.5800.