Basic Wireless troubleshooting steps
Please ensure you have performed the following steps before calling the Impulse support center.
- Verify that both cables [TO LAN] and [TO RADIO] are plugged in tightly on the power inserter as well as the power cord and that they are going to the correct destination (router/radio/power port).
- Check the LED light status on the power inserter (seen above). Please note it down in case further troubleshooting with tech support is necessary. If so, unplug power to the device for a full minute and then power it back up. At this time, note the color of the light on top again.
- Visually inspect all cords coming from the power inserter to the radio located outside as well as the cords from the radio to the antenna. Note any noticeable tears, breaks or possible problems in the cabling and let tech support know.
- Visually inspect the antenna itself. Make sure it is in good shape and there are no parts missing and it appears to be mounted correctly.
- Make a visual assessment of line of sight. Make sure there are no obstructions like growing trees, large objects etc. Also make sure the antenna appears to be aligned properly and facing the correct direction.
- Plug your computer directly into the power inserter with a crossover cable to bypass all internal equipment to test the internet connection directly.
- Make sure there are no other wireless devices operating on the 2.4 ghz frequency. This can cause severe interference on the radio and intermittent connectivity or loss of internet connection.